I am a PhD student in the Computer Science Department at UIUC, where I work with Prof. Josep Torrellas in the i-acoma group. I aspire to design fast and secure systems. My main research lies at the intersection of computer architecture, systems, and security, focusing on designing and building practical solutions that improve performance and bolster the security guarantees of large-scale datacenters.
During the summer of 2017 I ventured off to New York where I joined the Cognitive Systems and Data Centers group at the IBM TJ Watson Research Center. Throughout my internship I designed and exposed near-memory hardware primitives to the software stack to improve the performance of graph analytics.
The summer of 2015 I headed off to the temperamental city of Portland where I interned at the Accelerator Architecture Lab at Intel Labs. During my internship, I worked on an accelerator for Machine Learning augmented with high-bandwidth memory.
My alma mater is the Technical University of Crete in Greece, where I studied Electronic and Computer Engineering. During my years in Crete I had the chance to work with some brilliant people including Prof. Dionisios Pnevmatikatos who introduced me to the world of computer architecture. Prof. Apostolos Dollas who meticulously mentored our submission to the Altera Innovate Europe contest, and Prof. Ioannis Papaefstathiou who taught me the engineering attitude of "do or die". During the summer of 2012 I joined the CARV Laboratory at ICS, FORTH where I worked with Dr. Polyvios Pratikakis on reliable system design.
- [ISCA] MicroScope: Enabling Microarchitectural Replay Attacks. Dimitrios Skarlatos, Mengjia Yan, Bhargava Gopireddy, Read Sprabery, Josep Torrellas, and Christopher W. Fletcher. Proceedings of the 46th Intl. Symposium on Computer Architecture, Phoenix, USA, June 2019. Open-Source release
- [HPCA] PageSeer: Using Page Walks to Trigger Page Swaps in Hybrid Memory Systems. Apostolos Kokolis, Dimitrios Skarlatos, and Josep Torrellas. Proceedings of the 25th Intl. Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture, Washington D.C., USA, February 2019.
- [MICRO] InvisiSpec: Making Speculative Execution Invisible in the Cache Hierarchy. Mengjia Yan, Jiho Choi, Dimitrios Skarlatos, Adam Morrison, Christopher W. Fletcher, and Josep Torrellas.
Proceedings of the 51th Intl. Symposium on Microarchitecture, Fukuoka, Japan, October 2018.
Selected as an IEEE MICRO Top Picks Honorable Mention from the 2018 Computer Architecture Conferences!
- [ISCA] HetCore: TFET-CMOS Hetero-Device Architecture for CPUs and GPUs. Bhargava Gopireddy, Dimitrios Skarlatos, Wenjuan Zhu, and Josep Torrellas. Proceedings of the 45th Intl. Symposium on Computer Architecture, Los Angeles, USA, June 2018.
- [MICRO] PageForge: A Near-Memory Content-Aware Page-Merging Architecture. Dimitrios Skarlatos, Nam Sung Kim, Josep Torrellas. Proceedings of the 50th Intl. Symposium on Microarchitecture, Boston, USA, October 2017.
- [MICRO] Snatch: Opportunistically Reassigning Power Allocation between Processor and Memory in 3D stacks.
Dimitrios Skarlatos, Renji Thomas, Aditya Agrawal, Shibin Qin, Robert Pilawa, Ulya Karpuzcu, Radu Teodorescu, Nam Sung Kim, Josep Torrellas.
Proceedings of the 49th Intl. Symposium on Microarchitecture, Taipei, Taiwan, October 2016.
Selected as the David J. Kuck Outstanding MS Thesis Award winner!
- [FPL-Altera] Real Time Fractal Flame Rendering.
Dimitrios Skarlatos, Georgios Mantakos, Athanasios Stratikopoulos, and Apostolos Dollas.
Demo & Poster presentation as part of the ALTERA Innovates Europe Contest 2012-2013.
In conjuction with the 23rd Intl. Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications, Porto, Portugal, September 2013.
Won the First place for the ”Most Impressive use of an FPGA” category, 2013 ALTERA (Intel) Innovate Europe Contest!
- [HiPEAC-DFR] Towards Reliable Task Parallel Programs. Dimitrios Skarlatos, Polyvios Pratikakis, Dionisios Pnevmatikatos.Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Design for Reliability. In conjuction with the Intl. Conference on High Performance and Embedded Architecture and Compilation, Berlin, Germany, January 2013.
Desk # 4, Room # 4238
Thomas M. Siebel Center for Computer Science, 201 N. Goodwin, Urbana, IL 61801-2302.